Thursday, September 4, 2008

Glade's new 'baby doll'

Last week, our friends, Caleb and Brenda, had their little baby girl. She is absolutely adorable. They named her Rebecka Elizabeth and it fits her perfectly.

We went to the hospital a few times to see her, and Glade was so jealous every time Blake and I would hold her. She would cry and try to climb up with us and push the baby off. So of course I was nervous about Glade being around a little baby. She was only six months when Teagan was born, and Michael is older than her, so she has never been around a little baby when she was old to enough to play with them nicely.

So, we were over at their house yesterday, and Glade was crying and pulling on my legs because I was holding Rebecka, so I decided to try her out. I pulled Glade onto the couch with me, and helped her hold Rebecka. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She giggled and talked to her and just smiled bigger than I have seen in a while. At that moment, I realized I had nothing to worry about.

After about ten minutes, I got the baby back from Glade and put her on the ground and I have never seen Glade so happy. She kissed Rebecka and then went off to play. It was absolutely fantastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment