Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a stressful day

So, yesterday, my best friend, Mandy, went to her midwife and she was given stuff to start her labor progression. Well, it didn't quite work that well, so they went back today and labor started at about noon. She kept updated me periodically untill about 4 pm and then they stopped. I figured something big happened and it was just too much hassle to text me while she is trying to concentrate and stuff. And however great it is that she was actually in labor, I was a nervous wreck. I was pacing the house and Glade kept following me giggling.

She is birthing at home, which is so COOL, and doing a water birth like she did with her son, Michael. They had everything set up Thursday thinking yesterday would go very well, and Michael loved climbing in and out of the labor pool.

At about 9:30 pm I got a text saying she was starting to push, but they hadn't seen anything yet. About an hour later, I get a text that says "Mandy just gave birth to Baby Claire!" They didn't find out the sex of the baby (when they had Michael he was supposed to be a girl... so they figure it wasn't worth it). She is 6 lbs 11 ounces and 18.5" long.

The best thing is that with Michael, I joked with them that it would be a boy since at her shower all she got was girl stuff, so we got gender neutral clothes and toys for them. Turns out I was right. And with this one, I said it was going to be a girl and lo and behold, I am a freakin genius (he he).

The only thing that sucks is that she lives in Clinton and I can't see the baby for about another month... I'm gonna die lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment