Monday, March 2, 2009

De Blob


Now, before you think I'm too geeky or childish, I have to make something perfectly clear.

When I was waiting tables last summer, the husband of THQ's vice president was one of the bikers that rode through. I always wore Blake's mario belt buckle to work, because it got me higher tips and it was just freaking sweet looking on me. So, this man started the conversation with me by asking if I was truly a game fan, or just wearing that for the conversation starters. We got talking and him and his friends were my only table at the time so I was able to chat with them before their food was up.

They gave me a LARGE tip when they left, and when they paid, he came up to me and said, "Kayce, I have just one tip for you besides this. My wife is the vice president of THQ, and they have an AWESOME game coming out this September. It's called De Blob. I have already played it since she gets all the beta testings and such, and I absolutely loved it. So, take this tip money, save it, then buy it when it comes out."
Needless to say I didn't buy the game when it came out... Should have, but didn't.
But today, I did!
It is an absolutely blast! The bad guys are the Inkies, and they took the color out of the world. What you are trying to do is put the color back before getting captured. You have missions and things you can go on to get more time and to get more points. I have only played 3 levels, but it is so fun I had to stop to tell everyone how fun it is.
SOOOOO, if you have a Wii, and $40 extra dollars just sitting around (yes, $40, not $50), go buy De Blob. You will not regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's funny. Nice of him to give you a tip, and nice of you to get that game afterall! Good thing you like it! I don't have a Wii but if I get one I'll be sure to check out The Blog!

    ReplyDelete