Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A constantly changing life

I can't believe how everyday Glade gets different. I never realize how much she has changed until I see something she does that I have never seen before and realize I didn't teach it to her.

She can say so many words it's crazy. She doesn't say them very often, but she knows more than I am sure of. Her favorite is still baby, but it is slowing losing its coolness to her. She now loves to say "Hey Kitty" to Ada and to anyone that comes in the door as she points at Ada. They have become fast friends. Glade will pretend she is sleeping on the floor to get Ada's attention and Ada will jump on her head and Glade will run away giggling. They chase each other for hours. I was worried it would never happen, but I am so glad it did!

When we put Glade to bed at night, we read her a story, then she turns off her light and sits down and folds her arms and looks at us expectantly. It's definitely a good reminder to me! And it helps that it is completely adorable. After she hears the word "Amen" she throws her arms in the air and giggles and says "Bed". It's pretty stinking cute.

Every morning we wake her up to get her dressed so Blake can drive me to work. The minute we get in the car she points ahead and giggles. I get out of the car at work and she waves and says "Bye bye". Some days she cries, but most days she is really cute and tells me bye. I love every minute of it.

She is the greatest climber I have ever seen. She has taught herself to climb over the baby gate, never when Blake is home, but she does it all the time with me. It drives me crazy. We have the cat food and litter in our extra room and she climbs the gate to put all the food in the water and eat the cat litter. And that is my genius child ha ha. She also can climb onto everything within sight. If her hands can reach it, she can climb up to it. She pulled herself up onto our window sill with just her arms. She was very proud, then she got really mad when I took her down.

Brenda has been teaching her songs. The one Glade loves to hear is "The Wheels on the Bus". For about a week Glade would raise her arms in the air and swing them side to side. I had no idea what she was doing. Then I saw Brenda doing the song and motions and I realized it. She is doing the windshield wipers! She won't do them when you sing with her, but she does them by herself. The one she will do with you is when the mommy's say "Shhhh". She loves to put her finger to her mouth and blow, making the "shhh" sound. When I tell her to be quiet in church, she yells at me, then when I go to tell her to be quiet, she will look at me and tell me to "shh". It's so funny I can't help but laugh, and I know that can't be good for a learning child ha ha.

I feel so bad for the people that sit behind us in church. Glade plays with them through all of Sacrament Meeting and they love every minute of it. And when I tell her no, she looks at me and says "shh". Sometimes it gets old ha ha.

Mandy's son Michael also taught her tons of little tricks when they were here. She now says the "g" sound all the time. She can also open the fridge, which is a big NEGATIVE! She took all the hot dogs out of the fridge and proceeded to eat a bite out of all of them, then she put them back before we noticed. Then when we went to eat them, they had little Glade teeth marks all over them. It was good stuff.

She can also count to two. When she goes to jump off the couch, or open the door to go outside, she will say "One, Two" then do it. She doesn't like the concept of waiting until "Three" to do anything.

When we change her diaper, we will hand it to her and she will throw it away. We had to buy a trash can with a lid because of the cat, but she learned how to open and close it and so she throws her diaper away and then comes back for a high five. I am super proud!

She knows all of her body parts. Which I am super proud of. Her favorite is her belly button, I think it is because she can say it, and loves to lift her shirt and point it out to you. And the way she says it with a gleam in her eye makes it all the sweeter.

She also learned how to look like a fish. Where you suck your lips in and look like a fish... probably didn't need to explain lol. I didn't know she could do it until we were at church and she was doing it to Caleb.

She also does Blake's faces perfectly. We will be in Walmart and she will just turn and glare at some random person. Then when they give her that surprised look, she will bust up laughing and when the person she was glaring at laughs, she stops and glares again. It is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I feel bad that these random people are getting my husband's spawn's glares, but I think it is pretty comical.

She is still a completely book baby. She will sit for hours with her baby doll on her lap and read her stories. It is so cute to hear her talk and tell the story to her little baby like we do to her. Then when the book is over, she will rock the baby to sleep, put it to bed, then tell us to "shh" so she can sleep. And she hates being away from even one of her baby dolls. This includes all of her stuffed animals and babies. She has over 15. We bring 2 with us when we go anywhere, but of course they aren't the two she wants at that moment. Ever.

At Dollar Tree they had Coca Cola glasses. The thick ones that I absolutely love. We bought some for us, then we saw little baby ones. We got one for Glade and she absolutely loves it. She carries it around with her so she can have whatever we are drinking when we drink it. She rarely spills anymore, and it is so great. Her favorite thing to drink in it is Root Beer. She looks at the bubbles and giggles, then she drinks a little and does it all again.

This last weekend we went with Brenda and Caleb to her parent's house, and I got to see Glade with a couple kids her age. There are two little girls, one a little younger and one a little older than Glade. She is the tiniest. It amazes me how little she is, but she looks so big to me when she is alone.

She has grown tremendously since her last doctor's app. We had to get her into 18 month pants, and now she is consistantly in 12 month shirts. They are still a little big, but she has a long torso so anything smaller shows her belly.

I just can't believe how fast she is growing. It seems like yesterday I was barely pregnant, then she was in the hospital. I can't believe it has already been 20 months since she was born. It flies by way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment