Monday, February 9, 2009

The Second Most Terrifying Thing That Can Happen to a Parent

I got home from work at about 3:30 pm as usual, and Ridley wasn't at the door waiting for Glade. I didn't think it was too weird since sometimes he sleeps a lot during the day just waiting to keep me up for hours at night.

A few hours later, Glade woke up from a little nap, and wanted her kitty. I started to go around to find him and figured he was just hanging out somewhere.

A couple hours later, at about 8:30 pm, I started to get worried. Glade was getting really upset. She couldn't find her kitty and he is always there when she is eating something. So, I figured we could go on a hunt to find him. We checked EVERYWHERE.

With every room we searched in, Glade was getting more and more anxious to find her kitty. Finally she was just bawling and I was at wits end to find him. I called Blake at work to see if he had seen him sometime during the day.

He hadn't seen him since he took me to work that morning. Not a good sign.

I looked everywhere one more time while I was on the phone with him. Even checked behind the water heater...

Still no kitty.

Right after I hung up with Blake, dejected and worried that I had lost my little girl's best friend, I thought to myself, "Samus loves to climb in the dryer.... maybe Ridley would like that too!"

I walk over to the dryer, open the door, and lo and behold, there is Ridley, sleeping soundly and warm as can be.

Of course I pick him up and hand him to Glade, who immediately stops crying and giggles frantically, and of course I am so happy I found him I start to cry.

I call Blake and tell him the good news.

I have never been more worried in all my life. Well, except when Glade was born, but that's a different kind of worry. This one is a worry that you have completely ruined your daughters life and she will need therapy for the rest of her days....

I have never been more thankful in all of my life!!

1 comment: