Monday, January 19, 2009

Glade's 18 Month Appointment

Now, just so you can get the full effect here, I have to describe everything before I get to her actual stats as far as weight and such.

Her appointment was scheduled for 3:45 so we showed up at 3:30 to check in. The entire place is crammed. Glade normally loves other kids, but this time all she did was cling to my leg.
Not the best start.

The minute we go back to get her weighed and to a room, she freaks. She won't stand on the scale, so we have to have her sit on the baby one, then she kept squirming so we had to do it really fast so she didn't know what was happening.

Then the minute we got to the room and she saw the table, she freaked again. The nurse took her temperature, then listened to her heart. Glade was not happy the whole time.

So we had her lie down on the table to be measured and she did not want even a shred of that. We did it as fast as we could but she was beat red and wasn't breathing she was crying so hard.

And of course, we had to do a hemoglobin test (a test to see if her iron is high enough. They prick a finger for a drog of blood). This is the first visit we have had to the doctors where she has not had a binky and she did not like getting her finger pricked.

Once the nurse left, I let Glade down off my lap, took the bandaid off her finger and she was happy as a clam as long as it was just the two of us in the room....

About 15 mintues later (at about 4 o'clock) she decides to poop. And since we are potty training her, everytime she poops, she grabs her diaper and says "uh-oh". It's really great since she knows what she is doing, but I didn't bring any diapers or wipes with me since I didn't think we would be there too long. And of course this was the poop where it leaks out EVERYWHERE......

45 MINUTES LATER.....

As the poop is slowly seeping out of her diaper onto her clothes and smells just like rotten eggs, the doctor comes in.

I don't fault him for coming in an hr and 15 minutes later... He is transfering a baby to Primary Children's so I totally understand how much of a hassle that can be. I just hate how this is the one time she poops and I didn't have a diaper to change her into.

He checks her out, says she is doing great and doesn't need shots this visit, and lets us go.

Now I have the joy of putting her pants back on, the whole time trying to keep my hands out of the poop seeping slowly out of the diaper without having much luck. I finally get her dressed and since the doctor had to undo her diaper while checking her out, the stickiness is losing quality so it is slowly sliding off her body.

By the time we get to the car, her pants and my jacket are completely soaked through. I couldn't be happier.........

But anywho....

She is doing very great. She can say around 20 words now (most of them are "b" words) so she is above the curve for her age, which is great! He says there are no signs of autism so that's not a worry.

She is 19 pounds 2 ounces (0 percent), 30.5 inches long (25 percent), and her head is 47 cm (75 percent). All around they aren't worried since she is staying pretty consistant. And they say they aren't going to be bothered by how small she is since she is staying on the same curve instead of dropping.

So all in all, a pretty good visit, except for the dreaded poop......

No comments:

Post a Comment