Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One of those terrible moments as a mother...

Blake and I decided it was time to take Glade's binkies away. She is almost a year and a half and she doesn't need them anymore except to fall asleep. But most of the time she falls asleep without them. So, we got her last two binkies, I sat her in my lap, she helped me cut the nipples off, and then she helped me throw them away.

She thought it was a cute game until we threw them away. She then gave me a look that said "You have betrayed me... You couldn't possibly be my mother." I wanted to cry with her. So Blake took her and had her look at the tree to keep her mind from her binkies in the trash. He then took the trash out to erase all memory of them.

The next few days will be the longest of my life. It's a good thing Blake isn't in school so he can stay up with Glade ;).

On a lighter note, here are some pics of Claire I took this last weekend! I know they aren't the best but I couldn't get her to cooperate. (Strange 3 week old babies ha ha).



1 comment:

  1. Claire is so cute! I am sure Glade will get over it in no time. She definatly knows how to keep herself busy. I don't know how you keep up with her!

    ReplyDelete